Wednesday, February 3, 2010

3-Way Gingersnaps

I was looking for cookies I could make to bring to the farmers market and came across this recipe for 3-way gingersnaps in one of my favorite cook books: The Modern Baker by Nick Malgieri.  It was also the same week I found a used Kook-E-King cookie depositor for sale. Since I'm always looking for ways to do things faster and more efficiently, I couldn't wait to try the Kook-E-King out. I video taped the whole thing for posterity. Click here to see it on my YouTube page.


3-Way Gingersnaps


2 Cups Flour
3 Tsp. Ground Ginger
2 Tsp. Baking Soda
1/2 Tsp. Salt
1 1/2 sticks Softened Butter
1 Cup Sugar
1 Egg
1 Tblsp. grated Fresh Ginger
2 Tblsp. chopped Crystallized (Candied) Ginger
2 Tblsp. Honey


Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
Add the egg and mix until smooth.
Mix in the rest of the ingredients except the flour until well combined.
Scape down the sides of the bowl, then
Mix in the flour until incorporated.


Scoop out small balls of dough
Roll in sugar
Bake on a parchment lined baking sheet in a 350 oven for 12-14 minutes (until deep golden brown)
Let cool on a rack












.

1 comment:

suzie.joganic.hill said...

Quinny, let us how they go over at the market. We all thought they were delish!